LOMBRICO OF VENICE
The first prototype of Mini Excavator evolves and, in 2016, becomes the Lombrico of Venice, to remember the first works done by Gerotto Federico S.r.l. in the Venetian city.
The Lombrico of Venice was named after its usage in the Leonardo Project in 2002, when it was used in the digging and renovation works of the “Rii Terrai” in the historic city center of Venice. These small underground channels, obstructed by mud and debris, were cleared using Gerotto’s Mini Excavators, occupying the minimum space possible and reducing the noise and the pollution of a traditional construction site.
Suitable for aspirating every type of material accumulated in conduits, tunnels, tanks of any size, mines and spaces under conveyor belts, Lombrico of Venice is controlled remotely and is composed of:
• complete stainless steel structure
• two hydraulic driven rubber tracks
• hydraulic manual manifold to control the movements of the robot
• quick connection system to the external hydraulic source
• video inspection system (optional)
The Lombrico of Venice robot has over time been completely redesigned in a modular way, and now it is possible to install a wider range of tools, such as:
• Bora nose for the aspiration of muddy materials
• frontal auger to crush solid materials
• frontal high pressure nozzles for removing oily substances and for cleaning the suction hose
• noses (45° and 90°) and buckets adaptable to any kind of need