Gerotto Federico Srl, a company with a multi-year experience in excavator sector, was the first in Italy to use suction excavator method.
Thanks to the daily use of Suction Excavators, Gerotto could test and experience this technology in many occasions and different types of works, guaranteeing its experience and machinery know-how for industrial cleaning, environmental reclamation, pre-digging activity and for interventions within industrial plants such as oil refineries, petrochemical plants or steel factories. Excavated material is removed by aspiration via a suction pipe, which replaces worker shovel.
In a continued effort to eliminate the human presence during cleaning operations avoiding the exposure to the dangerous material, ensuring a safe suction cleaning activity, Gerotto has developed a new generation of remote controlled tools: Gerotto Mini Excavators, to move or to disrupt the materials, to extract the sediments by suction.
Gerotto Suction Excavators are able to suck every material, even solid, liquid or muddy. They are designed with cyclone separators and the suction technology takes place by slowing down the air in the collecting tank and by diverting the flow direction.
Gerotto Suction Excavators are the best solution for delicate contexts and where there are several technical difficulties because of the narrowness and typology of spaces. They are particularly useful where some conditions influence or limit the use of mechanical machines.
The remediation activity is done with the help of Gerotto Mini Excavators and special tools, designed by Gerotto according to various needs of customers.
Gerotto Suction Excavators use as transport agent the air. In order to make this physically possible, seen the enormous difference among the specific weight of the air and the sediment, the air volume must be far greater than the material volume to suck.
The thin stream process, sometimes also called dilute phase conveying, is characterized by the fact that the transport medium is a large, fastflowing stream of air, its speed enabling material to be transported. However, the amount of material transported is subordinately low compared with the quantity of transport medium.
The sucked material is eliminated through the air current in the vehicle by the gravity force; through two filters systems, the air is cleaned and immediately expelled toward outside.
Gerotto Suction Excavator is composed by:
- Fan System, able to create an air flow of 42.000 m3/h and a depression of 55.000 pa.
- Decantation and Storage Container with a capacity of about 8 mc to 10 m3. The discharge is made by container tilting, without any manual intervention.
- Filtering System of 150 sq.m. of oil and water repellent
- Telescopic arm, servo-controlled (ascent and descent), rotating on one axis
The advantages of this technology are: labour reduction, safe cleaning operations, time saving, reduced environmental impact. Indeed it avoids any risks for humans: each operation is made by a radio control so that no men should enter confined spaces during the emptying of tanks and reservoirs with risk of the presence of pollutants.
- Reduced times of excavation execution (-70% compared with traditional methods)
- Reduction of the space occupied in the working area
- Maximum safety in the presence of gas and sewer exhalation
- Complete absence of debris and muddy material around and in the excavation site
- No risk to damage underground pipes
• Gas net utility excavations
• Tanks/basins remediation
• Cleaning pipes
• Biogas plants
• Harbour area
• Silos cleaning
• Natural disasters intervention
• Digging execution
• Mobile bagging