The solution of Gerotto Federico S.r.l. in handling Mini robot Excavators on slippery surfaces
ATEX - The product is certified for working in explosion risk areas in compliance with ATEX directive.
Confined space - The product can be used inside closed environments, where human work is not normally contemplated.
No man entry - The product can be used in hazardous areas, avoiding human entry.
No man risk - The product doesn’t cause explosions or toxic exhalations in the working area.
The solution of Gerotto Federico S.r.l. in handling Mini robot Excavators on slippery surfaces.
When a Gerotto Mini robot Excavator is used for cleaning operations inside tanks, often one of the problems concerns the traction of the robot itself.
Moving easily on slippery surfaces, such as the bottom of a tank containing oily residues, it is not so simple.
Normal rubber tracks, which work in most industrial applications that can be easily replaced, are not suitable for this kind of situations.
In order to solve the problem of moving the robot on slippery surfaces, the Gerotto Research and Development department has created the magnetic track kit for Lombrico S and Lombrico S EX-0.
They provide a traction force of 505Kg (4950N), tested on a 10mm steel plate with a layer of oil on it with one magnetic pad every two (50% magnetic tracks).
- interchangeable with the standard rubber track system;
- can also be installed on already produced Mini robot Excavators;
- suitable and safe for use in Atex Zone 0;
- designed to move without damaging any eventual existing coating on the bottom of the tanks;
- provide a traction force of 505 kg (4950 N);
- also available in the 100% magnetic version.