Modified version of the Lombrico and Gatto Mini Robot Excavators, specifically created for safe works in ATEX zone 0.
ATEX - The product is certified for working in explosion risk areas in compliance with ATEX directive.
Confined space - The product can be used inside closed environments, where human work is not normally contemplated.
No man entry - The product can be used in hazardous areas, avoiding human entry.
No man risk - The product doesn’t cause explosions or toxic exhalations in the working area.
The Lombrico S EX-0 is part of the Tank Cleaner category, which includes the ATEX zone 0 versions of Lombrico and Gatto made by Gerotto, consists of Mini Robot Excavators suitable for cleaning storage tanks with very tough and sticky sludge.
The removal of this sludge was usually carried out putting 12 or 18 people inside the tank, where they use water lances to wash it and shovels to collect it and pull it out. In the case of the Lombrico, the frontal part is equipped with an Auger to collect this thick sludge and to pump it back out into a vacuum truck or into disposal bins.
Thanks to this robot it is sufficient to have only three workers to prepare and control the machine from the outside of the tank, far from the hazardous environment.
There are many advantages in using the Lombrico S EX-0 robots, among these:
- Considerable reduction of costs for cleaning operations;
- Increase of productivity;
- Reduction of shut-down time;
- Simple operations within hazardous, confined spaces in ATEX zone 0;
- Reduction of manpower;
- Safeguard of the worker's health, since operators don't have to directly intervene in the hazardous, confined spaces in ATEX zone 0.
- The electrical system is ATEX zone 0 certified.
- The process of Nitrogen blanketing is not required, since the robot is ATEX zone 0 certified.